Monday 10 June 2013

Chelsea Return Makes Me 'The Happy One' - Jose Mourinho



Jose Mourinho has christened himself 'The Happy One' at his first press conference since returning to Chelsea.
photo Jose Mourinho has christened himself 'The Happy One' at his first press conference since returning to Chelsea.
Nine years to the month since he swaggered into English football and coined his own nickname 'Special One', Mourinho addressed the assembled media at Stamford Bridge and spoke of his love for the club.
And the 50-year-old was quick to deny suggestions that it was a breakdown in his relationship with Roman Abramovich which led to his 2007 departure.
Asked whether he is still a 'Special One', Mourinho said: "I am 'The Happy One'. I am very happy.
"Time flies. A lot of things happened in my professional life in the last nine years, but I have the same nature, I have the same heart, I have the same kind of emotions related to my passion for football and my job, but I am a different person in this moment.
"If I have to describe myself, I would describe myself as a very happy person because it's the first time I arrive in a club where I already love the club."
Mourinho won five major trophies during his first spell in west London before leaving in what was officially described at the time as a mutual agreement.
Asked whether he had to build bridges with Chelsea owner Abramovich before agreeing his return from Real Madrid, he said: "I keep hearing that I was fired, I was sacked, we had a complete breakdown of our relationship - that was not true.
"Many didn't believe that but it was a mutual agreement. We thought it was best for both of us, for me and the club.
"It was difficult for both of us but it was made by mutual agreement. Only because there was never a breakdown of the relationship is it possible for me to be here today.
"I think I'm back because we are in the best moments of our careers and ready to work together again. There are much better conditions at this time to succeed and have what we want, stability."
Against that backdrop Mourinho, who has signed a four-year contract, is targeting success on a grander scale second time around.
He said: "I want to believe that's possible. I always trust my work.
"In this case I know many of the people that belong to the club and I know the kind of mentality people have here and my career was built and based on success where I was able to reach success and to win trophies.
"I want to everyone to work hard, work with quality. The club means much more compared to ourselves. We are no one without the club. If we work well success will arrive."

No comments:

Post a Comment