Monday 10 June 2013

Serena Williams Targets 17th Grand Slam Title At Wimbledon



Serena Williams says she has been handed extra motivation by Roger Federer to win her 17th grand slam singles title at Wimbledon.
photo Serena Williams says she has been handed extra motivation by Roger Federer to win her 17th grand slam singles title at Wimbledon.
The American won her 16th major title thanks to a straight sets victory over Maria Sharapova in the French Open final on Saturday, which ended her 11-year wait for a second title at Roland Garros.
Of current players, only Swiss ace Federer, who leads the men's list with 17, is ahead of her.
And the 31-year-old thought she had already drawn level with Federer courtesy of her victory in Paris, but now has her sights set on a sixth Wimbledon title.
She said: "I thought Roger had 16 but he has 17, so I was like, 'Honestly Roger, you have to win this much'.
"I guess he does and I'm happy for him obviously. It just keeps me going. It would be cool if I could be even with him.
"How awesome would it be if I could do it at Wimbledon. But the competition's really tough.
"It's not going to be easy for me. I'm going to have to get really serious about my game and be really focused to ever catch Roger Federer."

No comments:

Post a Comment