Monday 10 June 2013

Jesus Navas Looking Forward To Linking Up With Manchester City



Jesus Navas claims he is looking forward to embracing a Premier League challenge, as he closes on a move to Manchester City.
photo Jesus Navas claims he is looking forward to embracing a Premier League challenge, as he closes on a move to Manchester City.
The Blues have reached an agreement with Navas' current employers Sevilla and are expected to officially announce his arrival in the coming days.
The Spain international - who has tasted World Cup and European Championship glory with his country - says he cannot wait to get started in England.
The 27-year-old has spent his entire career to date in Andalusia, but feels the time is right to embrace a fresh start at a club who have put great faith in his ability.
Navas told El Confidencial: "I want to keep growing as a player.
"Things have been clear for a few months. City made a strong move for me and I knew my time in Sevilla would come to an end.
"They have shown great interest and I never doubted that I should go to City. It's all been very clear.
"I love the football in the Premier League for its speed and strength. I will know people there like (David) Silva, who has told me great things, so I don't think I will have a problem adapting to the club or the city. I'm sure I can do important things."
On the prospect of working with Manuel Pellegrini, the man poised to inherit the managerial reins at the Etihad Stadium, Navas added: "Everybody knows what Pellegrini brings. Wherever he has been, he has improved the performance of the players he has had. There is no doubting his capacity as a coach.
"But the one factor that made me lean towards City was the club's level of interest. One day I hope I can return to Pizjuan to play a Champions League math. But City loved me, others did not."

No comments:

Post a Comment