Thursday 27 June 2013

I Want Osaze, Nsofor Back on The Team – Steven Keshi

Nigeria's coach Stephen Keshi has said that the national team can still use the help of veteran striker Osaze Odemwingie and Captain Joseph Yobo
These players who when excluded took to the public to show their dissactifaction with the Coach's call has been given a lifeline back only if they will accept to be a team and not try to divide it
Speaking after the Confredations Cup Keshi said “They should just be themselves, play their game,” Keshi said. “Yobo is still my captain. It’s unfortunate that he’s not here, but he’s still the captain of the team.
“Taiwo is still playing but I have younger players that are playing well. I have Juwon (Oshaniwa), who is not here. I have Benjamin Francis, and I have (Elderson) Echiejile, whose performance has improved greatly. So it will be a difficult thing for Taiwo to get back in
“For Osaze, he still has a place in the team.
I’m not looking for an apology from him. Osaze is somebody that I like very well and he knows that. The thing is, it’s about the team that I’m worried about.
I don’t want to have a player that will come in and divide the team, or want to come and do something to destabilise the team, because when the team is not together, it becomes very difficult to win.
I’m not saying he is going to come in and do that, but a little bit of what he has shown has told me that this is possible.
I really want to have him on the team, and I would like to give him another opportunity.”
One player that Keshi says he really wants to see back in the national team is Obinna Nsofor, along with Seattle Sounders forward Obafemi Martins.
“The person I am really keen on having is Obinna Nsofor.

Unfortunately, each time I call him, he’s always injured. Hopefully next time he will be fit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment