Friday 28 June 2013

Office Romance: Secretary Demands N.1m Pay-Off From Lecturer 'Lover'

28 June, 2013
Local
A 39-year-old lady who is the personal secretary to a professor at the Delta State University, DELSU,has been arrested for sending a threatening message to the professor asking him to pay her N100,000 as 'settlement' for having sexual relationship or be ready to be publicly exposed.
According to the state Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Lucky Uyabeme, the lady (names within) was arrested after a report was lodged by the Professor of Faculty of fine arts, DELSU, Abraka who said received a threat text message from an unknown person demanding N100,000 to avoid defamatory publication on him.
“However, through intelligence policing, special anti-kidnapping squad operatives based at Obiaruku tracked and arrested the personal secretary to the professor.”
The suspect who was weeping when questioned said I did not do anything. My crime is that I am sleeping with a married man. The Prof is my boyfriend. I asked him for N100,000 or I would make it known to the public that we were dating. I wanted to end the relationship and use the money as a pay-off.
“We have been dating for two years now. I run a boutique and a business centre in Abraka. I am also the private secretary to the professor.
“He  has not been paying. I did not want to blackmail him. I did not mean any harm when I sent the text message. I never expected it was going to be like this. I felt because we were dating he would give me the money.”

No comments:

Post a Comment