Tuesday 25 June 2013

Trials Of An African Gay Man

Denis Nzioka Is a passionate gay and homosexual rights activist in Kenya for a very long time but on one unfortunate day his name was broadcasted all over Kenya by a popular radio station then his whole life went downhill, he share his experience with us
Living a modest life with his secret life partner and also trying to make Kenya recognise gay right's through his small ways his life went to schreds as his name was leaked to a radio station as a gay lover
Immediately after this people started to blame him for all disasters on earth from the great drought's to even the tsunami etc
When asked here is what he said - I have also been evicted a number of times. In the first place, the neighbours sent a letter saying: 'We, the residents of the apartment block, because we know you are homosexual, and you will target our kids, are giving you three days to leave, lest we get some of the "boys" to come and evict you.' I am single and live alone; my previous partner was not out and faced challenges whenever he was seen with me in the streets or at social events
Outside my [former] workplace, at the beginning anyway, the mechanics downstairs jeered and called me names. In general though the harassment here is sporadic when compared to Uganda - it is much more common there. Also, there is a lot of positivity here. A bus full of girls met me recently, and they giggled and said that they read my columns. I am in the media a lot.
I have been attacked by strangers. Once was in a matatu [bus], when I was holding my partner's hand. I remember an incident in Mombasa where we had a community pageant show and I was the chief judge; after the show as I was leaving some youths threw stones at me while calling me names. It was scary since I was alone and they were many. I have received countless death threats, by email, telephone and through Facebook - one of which said: 'I have been sent to kill you.'
After hearing this man make his case we have to ask ourselves whatever other people decide to do by themselves in their own privacy, how does it burden us? We have millions of more seriouse and deadly problem's but meanwhile we leave them and judge people who don't accept to live by the way and code we the majority choose to live. Now let me ask you reader's WHO IS THE MAIN CRIMINAL IN THIS?

No comments:

Post a Comment