Thursday 12 December 2013

Norwich captain Sebastien Bassong puts pen to paper on new contract

NORWICH CITY skipper Sebastien Bassong has committed to a fresh two-and-a-half-year contract with Premier League outfit Norwich.

Bassong, NorwichBassong agrees to new deal at Carrow Road [GETTY]
“I’m really pleased it is something I have been looking forward to doing, as being team captain I think it is something really important to commit myself even more to the Club.”
Sebastien Bassong
The 27-year-old arrived at Carrow Road last summer from Tottenham and has since claimed captaincy in only 47 appearances.
Bassong, who has signed until the summer of 2016, was voted the fans' 2012-13 Player of the Season and also picked up the Barry Butler Memorial Trophy for his efforts in his first campaign.
The Cameroon international said: "I’m really pleased it is something I have been looking forward to doing, as being team captain I think it is something really important to commit myself even more to the Club."
Bassong, CameroonBassong has featured 15 times for Cameroon [GETTY]
"I had a little bad time with my fitness, as people know I missed pre-season and I had a knee injury and an operation, so I needed time to get back to my best and while I wasn’t playing I was working hard on my fitness, so now I feel better and am back on track."
Commenting on the deal, Canaries boss Chris Hughton said: "We’re delighted that we’ve had the opportunity to extend Seb’s contract – somebody who has been an integral part of everything we’ve done so far and of course our player of the season last year."

No comments:

Post a Comment