Friday 21 June 2013

Le Roy leaves DR Congo post

Claude Le Roy © Backpagepix




Claude Le Roy has stepped down from his role as the manager of the Democratic Republic of Congo, the Frenchman told AFP on Thursday.
"I told my players that I would stop after two years," said Le Roy, whose contract with the African country was set to expire shortly.
"With the team and the federation we've had some terrific moments. I haven't made a decision regarding the next continent I'll work in," he added.
Le Roy, 65, took over the reins in September 2011, leading the country to the 2013 African Cup of Nations after three previous failed attempts to qualify.
However, in what was Le Roy's seventh appearance at the CAN after also taking Cameroon, Senegal and Ghana to the tournament, DR Congo failed to advance from the first round despite finishing the group stage undefeated.
The contract of his assistant Sebastian Migne was also terminated.

No comments:

Post a Comment