Friday 14 June 2013

Manchester United Striker Danny Welbeck Targets More Goals



Danny Welbeck admits that he needs to find his scoring boots in order to keep his place in the Manchester United side.
photo Danny Welbeck admits that he needs to find his scoring boots in order to keep his place in the Manchester United side.
With Robin van Persie firing 26 league goals on the way to United's 13th Premier League crown, the England striker managed to find the net just once in the league all season.
Welbeck was often played out of position, out wide or with more defensive duties, but even he admits that he needs to improve his goal tally next season.
"I've been playing on the wing, which has inhibited my ability to get into goalscoring positions," Welbeck said in the Daily Mirror.
"Overall, there have been improvements to my game and I have been more consistent.
"I've played up front for England, been away to tournaments and scored goals there, so I know once I get into those positions I will put the chances away.
"I'm also aware that knowing how to play in different positions and developing in different areas of the pitch will only benefit me and the teams I play for.
"I'm happy to help the team out and it doesn't really matter whether I'm playing on the wing or up front, I should have had a much better goal return."

No comments:

Post a Comment