Friday 14 June 2013

I'm More Confident - Andy Murray



World No 2 Andy Murray claims he feels more confident heading into the grass court season despite his recent back injury.
photo World No 2 Andy Murray claims he feels more confident heading into the grass court season despite his recent back injury.
Murray was forced to miss the French Open due to the problem - however he used his time away to build up towards the change in surfaces.
The 26-year-old Scot showed no signs of discomfort as completed a routine victory in his interrupted second-round clash with Nicolas Mahut, before beating Marinko Matosevic 6-2 6-2 later in the day.
And although disappointed at missing the second Grand Slam of the season, Murray is focused on looking ahead.
"I would have much rather have been playing the French Open," said Murray.
"You have to look at the positives sometimes and the one positive is I got to spend more time on the grass to prepare for here, but if I had to make that decision 50 times I would have made the same decision.
"But I would way rather have been at the French Open than being at home for two weeks."

No comments:

Post a Comment