Thursday 20 June 2013

Onyango keeps options open

Dennis Onyango @ SS com



Uganda Cranes goalkeeper Denis Onyango is resigned to quitting South African club Mamelodi Sundowns but is keeping his next destination’s options open.
The shot-stopper is currently in Kampala recovering from a knee injury that kept him out Uganda’s 2-1 World Cup qualifying victory over Angola.
Onyango, 28, is widely believed to the headed to another Premier Soccer League side Bidvest Wits to link up with his former coach at SuperSport United, Gavin Hunt, who has just joined the University outfit.
“To be honest my agent is also still keeping cards to himself but I can’t rule that (move to Wits) out,” he told SuperSport.com, adding, “We are considering several options.”
“One thing for sure is I will not be playing at Sundowns next season because I want regular football.
“My agent is still speaking with Sundowns to sort a few issues because I just signed a contract extension a month ago.
“But with the way things are it will be very difficult for the club to keep five international goalkeepers on the bench and I think it is only wise that I move to where I will be playing football.”

No comments:

Post a Comment