Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Arsenal to miss out on Porto bound Brazil star


ARSENAL look set to be snubbed by Atletico Mineiro star Bernard.

Brazil playmaker Bernard
The Gunners sent scouts to watch the 20-year-old playmaker star in his team's Copa Libertadores triumph earlier this week.
And boss Arsene Wenger was said to be close to sealing his first big summer signing with a £20m bid for the pint sized star.
But having confirmed the north London outfit were interested in Bernard, the player's father also revealed his son had been convinced by Porto star Hulk to join him in Portugal.
He told O Jogo: "Nothing is decided yet, but we know there is an interest from Arsenal.
Bernard put in stellar performances for Brazil during the Confederations CupBernard put in stellar performances for Brazil during the Confederations Cup
“Nothing is decided yet, but we know there is an interest from Arsenal”
Bernard's father
"There has been nothing official from them. Hulk has convinced Bernard that Porto move would be better for him at this stage of his career. Porto would be a better move for his career."
And agent Adriano Spadotto has also indicated Bernard was most likely heading for Primeira Liga action or to Shakhtar Donetsk.
Arsene Wenger's interest in signing Bernard has been confirmedArsene Wenger's interest in signing Bernard has been confirmed
He said: "I can confirm that is the strongest possibility, but Shakhtar are interested too. He should join one of the two clubs.
"If it is up to me, Bernard will be a Porto player. As I have said, this would be the best solution for him. He would prefer to join a middling, but good, club in Europe rather than risk joining an elite club and not getting the chance to play.
"Bernard has great interest in going to Porto."
Bernard in action for Atletico MineiroBernard in action for Atletico Mineiro

Loading...