Monday 15 July 2013

How Can Cow Destroy Driver's Life for 10 Years

Mr. Daniel Emori, a former utility van driver who worked for a pharmaceutical company, has been bedridden for 10 years after he was knocked down by a stray cow.
Mr. Emori, who hails from Adadama community in Abi Local Government Area of Cross River State, said he was forcefully ejected from the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital in Enugu State shortly after the October 10, 2003 incident because he could not afford an emergency deposit of N75, 000 for his treatment.
Since that time, the driver is paralysed because of the incident.
Mr. Emori told the correspondent about this fateful incident. He had gone to supply goods to a customer near the Onitsha head bridge. He explained that immediately he stepped out from the van, a stray cow ran towards him and knocked him down.
“On that fateful day which was October 2003, I went to deliver goods to a customer as directed by our manager.
“As I parked near the customer’s shop, an uncontrolled cow ran from nowhere towards me and knocked me down. I have been paralysed till date.
“When it happened, I was rushed to a nearby clinic but by the next day, I was referred to the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital in Enugu where cervical (neck) injury was detected after a series of medical tests, including scan and x-ray.
“The doctor wanted more medical tests, but after failing to pay for the hospital emergency fee of N75, 000, I was eventually discharged and sent home.
“Since then, I have been critically lying at home helpless and disabled with part of my joint now stiff because I am confined to my bed,” he said.
Mr. Emori said he was in the hospital for four months before his forced discharge, alleging that the manager of the pharmaceutical company (name with held), had told him that the company could not afford to pay the bill.
“The company did not pay the bill. I stayed in the hospital for four months before the manager said the bill was too much,” he said.
He said he believed that he could be on his feet again if he had money for required medical treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment