Monday 15 July 2013

Teenage Forward Jordon Ibe Says, He's Hoping To Make Impact At Liverpool

Liverpool teenager Jordon Ibe says he is eagerly awaiting more first-team chances as he continues to learn his trade.
photo Liverpool teenager Jordon Ibe says he is eagerly awaiting more first-team chances as he continues to learn his trade.
The 17-year-old made his full Reds debut in the final match of last season's Premier League campaign, at home to QPR in May.
Ibe was also included from the start in the Reds' first pre-season friendly against Preston on Saturday and netted their second goal - a low strike from the edge of the penalty area - in a 4-0 win at Deepdale.
"I'm just learning from the first-team players and trying to show that until the season starts. Hopefully I can do well," said Ibe.
"I'm learning a lot, especially with defending. The gaffer is helping me a lot with when I haven't got the ball, coming to tuck in and watching the full-back and centre-back; knowing what to do when I haven't got the ball.
"Hopefully I can be consistent and play well, so hopefully I can get a chance again in the first team.
"When I play, hopefully I can get a goal and help the squad do well this season."
Liverpool head off on their tour in the coming week with matches in Jakarta, Melbourne and Bangkok.
"It's very important for a club like Liverpool to travel worldwide and see our supporters," said manager Brendan Rodgers.
"It's going to be an exhausting trip but we've had a couple of weeks here to get some work in.
"So we're looking forward to bringing the club and the team over to Asia and the players and staff are all looking forward to it."

No comments:

Post a Comment