Monday 15 July 2013

Niall McGinn on fire as Aberdeen score friendly win over Huntly

NIALL McGinn grabbed a hat-trick for Aberdeen in their 4-1 win at Huntly but it was former home hero Eddie Copland who upstaged Russell Guild on his testimonial day.
Aberdeen, Niall McGinn, Eddie Copland, Niall McGinn was upstaged by Eddie Copland
Derek McInnes' side romped to victory thanks to McGinn's treble and a Scott Vernon goal.
“I can only thank Derek and the lads for helping make this such a special day for me.”
Russell Guild
But it was Copland - who retired at 42 - who brought the house down on Guild's big day with a surprise substitute's appearance against the Dons.
Guild, who netted a 60th minute penalty, said: "I think Eddie got one of the biggest cheers of the day when he came on!
"I didn't mind at all - it was great to have past players like him on the bench. Eddie is a Huntly legend.
"It was nice to score in my testimonial. I can only thank Derek and the lads for helping make this such a special day for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment