Sunday 2 June 2013

Chat with Sir Alex Boosted My Confidence - Mark Hughes


Newly-installed Stoke manager Mark Hughes has revealed that a chat with Sir Alex Ferguson has given him the belief to resurrect his career in the Potteries.
photo Newly-installed Stoke manager Mark Hughes has revealed that a chat with Sir Alex Ferguson has given him the belief to resurrect his career in the Potteries.
The 49-year-old former Manchester United forward admits he was facing a crisis in confidence after being sacked by Queens Park Rangers earlier in the season.
But after a meeting with his former club manager at Old Trafford, Hughes now feels ready to take on the challenge at the Britannia Stadium.
The Welshman told The Sun on Sunday: "I had the opportunity to go and speak to Sir Alex for an hour and I enjoyed it.
"You do wonder if you've still got it sometimes. At times you have self-doubt.
"I was just really pleased to be in his company because it's something I should have done in the past.
"I understood the value it gave me and I left feeling better."
The Stoke job will be Hughes' fifth managerial position in the Premier League, following his time at Blackburn Rovers, Manchester City, Fulham and QPR.

No comments:

Post a Comment