Friday 7 June 2013

MICHAEL LAUDRUP: I'M NOT LEAVING SWANSEA


ABOVE: Michael Laudrup wants Swansea to challenge for Europe
“
I had hoped for some signings at this stage but I think this is a question to ask to the chairman
”
Michael Laudrup
7th June 2013

By Jack Wilson

FRUSTRATED Michael Laudrup insists he won't walk out of Swansea.

But the boss - who has been at odds with the club's top brass over their transfer policy - has ordered the board to move quickly to avoid missing out on top targets.

Swansea struck their first deal of the summer by signing Real Betis midfielder Jose Canas on a free - but chairman Huw Jenkins and Laudrup are still disagreeing over the amount of money the Swans should spend this summer.

"I have always said that my intention was, and is, to stay at the club," he told the South Wales Evening Post.

"I think all the speculation regarding my future is due to the fact that there hasn't been any good news since we played our last game three weeks ago. We all need some good news.

"I had hoped for some signings at this stage but I think this is a question to ask to the chairman and the board."

Jenkins yesterday said "substantial" funds were available - but the Dane believes a lack of activity has provided a void for claims of unrest to develop.

He added: "They have all the names of the possible players for our team and all the players, except one, are in Swansea's level when we talk about transfer and salary.

"It is almost three weeks since we played the last game and everyone is looking forward to receiving some news regarding new players.

"Instead people can read in different papers and media that there are bigger and bigger problems with me, the chairman, the board, my agent or players who will not join Swansea because they are not sure that I will stay."

No comments:

Post a Comment