Saturday 13 July 2013

JOSE MOURINHO IS MORE OF A BOSS NOW FOR CHEALSEA

ABOVE: Jose Mourinho sharing a joke with his players
“
I have had two years in Italy and three in Spain. It makes me a better coach. I am in a better condition than I was last time
”
Jose Mourinho
13th July 2013

By Scott Coleman

Euro roaming was just the job for Jose! Jose Mourinho believes he is better prepared to succeed as Chelsea boss second time around.

Mourinho won five trophies – ­including two Premier League titles – in his first stint at ­Stamford Bridge, between 2004 and 2007.
However, his fiery nature upset the Chelsea ­hierarchy – and ­eventually he left.
Mourinho went on to win the Treble with Inter Milan in 2010 and the Spanish league title with Real Madrid in 2012. And he seems much calmer than the ­Portuguese firebrand who burst on to the English scene with a dance down the Old Trafford touchline as his Porto side knocked Manchester United out of the Champions League in 2004.
Mourinho, who has just arrived in Bangkok at the start of Chelsea’s three-match tour of the Far East, ­believes he is a better boss now.
“My job is a job where experience means a lot,” said Mourinho.
“I have had two years in Italy and three in Spain. It makes me a better coach. I am in a better condition than I was last time.
“I have some white hairs but in my case that’s a good sign. It means I am better now than before.
“But I am still very sad and ­unhappy when my team doesn’t win. It’s up to the players to help me get the results I want.”
Mourinho has worked fast since ­returning to Stamford Bridge, ­rubber-stamping the previously agreed transfer of Andre Schurrle from Bayer Leverkusen, swooping for keeper Mark Schwarzer and bringing in Dutch midfielder Marco van Ginkel from Vitesse Arnhem.
“Marco is one of the best prospects in European football right now,” said Mourinho.
“I have been following him for a long time. He has great potential.
“Chelsea is investing in the long term and this kid has a great ­future.”

No comments:

Post a Comment