Thursday 1 August 2013

Manchester City defender Aleksandar Kolarov interested in move to Juventus

ALEKSANDAR KOLAROV confirmed today that he is happy to stay at Manchester City but would be interested in a move to Italian giants Juventus if he is made available for transfer.

Kolarov wants to be part of the first-team this season
The Serbian international, who joined from Lazio in 2010, only started 11 Premier League games last season and was namely used when regular left-back Gael Clichy was unavailable.
Kolarov's role under new manager Manuel Pellegrini has not be specified and the defender did not rule out a move to the Serie A Champions.
"I'm happy at City and it is my intention to remain," the 27-year-old told Tuttosport.
The Serbian is flattered by the interest being shown by the Italian championsThe Serbian is flattered by the interest being shown by the Italian champions
Kolarov has played in Serie A before with LazioKolarov has played in Serie A before with Lazio
“What I can say is that i was happy in Italy and I like your football”
Aleksandar Kolarov
"I want to play as much as possible to show Pellegrini my qualities.
"I want to remain in Manchester, but it is only logical that should I not be given any space in the team then I'll have to evaluate a few things.
"It is nice to know that an important and prestigious club such as Juventus like me, but I'm not the only person who will have a say on my future.
"If something is to happen then it will be decided by the two clubs first.
"What I can say is that I was happy in Italy and I like your football."
The former Malaga coach is yet to decide on the future of the left-backThe former Malaga coach is yet to decide on the future of the left-back
Turkish side Galatasaray had a £4m bid for Kolarov rejected last week, with City holding out for at least £5m to seal his exit from the club.
Juventus to date have only offered a loan deal where they would take on the defender's £100k-a-week wages on in full.
The Italians have already raided City once this summer for the signature of striker Carlos Tevez who arrived in a deal worth up to £10m.
Alvaro Negredo, Stevan Jovetic and Jesus Navas all joined this summerAlvaro Negredo, Stevan Jovetic and Jesus Navas all joined this summer
City have been busy in the transfer market this summer spending over £90m on Fernandinho, Jesus Navas, Alvaro Negredo and Stevan Jovetic.
The club are keen to offload a number of players such as Kolarov as they seek to pursue their interest in Real Madrid defender Pepe.
Manager Manuel Pellegrini is hopeful he can complete a £20m deal for the Portuguese international before the close of the summer transfer window on September 3.
Fernandinho in action for his new club during their pre-season tour of South AfricaFernandinho in action for his new club during their pre-season tour of South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment