Thursday 1 August 2013

Stevan Jovetic starts in Manchester City win over Milan

STEVAN JOVETIC insists there is still plenty more to come after he helped ­Manchester City to a ­stunning 5-3 friendly win over AC Milan.

Manchester City, AC Milan, Stevan Jovetic, David SilvaStevan Jovetic celebrates with David Silva and Edin Dzeko
The Montenegro striker made his first City start in the Audi Cup ­clash in Munich following his ­£22m arrival from Fiorentina.
And he looked sharp as Manuel ­Pellegrini’s side raced into a 5-0 lead at the Allianz Arena inside 35 minutes.
Jovetic, 23, came off at half-time as he eased himself into pre-season, but has promised fans he will be fully up to speed by August 19 when City open their Premier League campaign at home to Newcastle.
Manchester City defender Micah Richards was also on the scoresheetManchester City defender Micah Richards was also on the scoresheet
He said: “It was my first game in pre-season and I am satisfied with the way I played.
“Before this I was just training on my own but I still feel good.
“I now have three weeks until the beginning of the Premier League and when I came off at half-time the boss said, ‘Well done’.
Yaya Toure and Kevin-Prince Boateng fight for possession during the friendly in MunichYaya Toure and Kevin-Prince Boateng fight for possession during the friendly in Munich
“It was my first game in pre-season and I am satisfied with the way I played.”
Stevan Jovetic
“I enjoyed it a lot and I’m so happy to make my debut.
“I am satisfied with my game but the most important thing is we won.”
City also started with fellow new signings midfielder Fernandinho and winger Jesus Navas – and cut Milan to shreds in the opening half hour.
David Silva scored inside three ­minutes before Micah Richards and Aleksandar Kolarov added two more in quick succession.
City striker Edin Dzeko tries to hold off Milan defender Kevin ConstantCity striker Edin Dzeko tries to hold off Milan defender Kevin Constant
Edin Dzeko then took centre stage with a rapid double as City stormed into a five-goal lead.
But a crazy first half was not ­complete and Milan then scored three in six minutes, two from Stephan El Shaarawy and another by Andrea ­Petagna before the break.
Perhaps predictably there were no further goals in the second half as both sides made a raft of substitutions.
Spanish winger Jesus Navas celebrates with his new team-matesSpanish winger Jesus Navas celebrates with his new team-mates
But Jovetic was delighted with such a sparkling performance from City.
He added: “We played very well and scored five goals in the first 30 ­minutes, which is a very good thing.
“I think we could have scored some more but then Milan came back, so in the end it was a good game.”
Joe Hart gets himself in a spot of bother with Milan wonderkid Stephan El ShaarawyJoe Hart gets himself in a spot of bother with Milan wonderkid Stephan El Shaarawy

No comments:

Post a Comment