Thursday 1 August 2013

Manchester United target Claudio Marchisio refuses to rule out move to Old Trafford

MANCHESTER UNITED target Claudio Marchisio is not ruling out a move to the Premier League champions and feels flattered by the interest by a number of Europe's elite clubs.

Marchisio is flattered by interest from the English champions
The 27-year-old has been a constant performer for Juventus and new United manager David Moyes is a known admirer of the Italian international.
And though Marchisio currently wants to bring more success to the Serie A champions, he refused to commit his long term future to the club.
"For the past seven years, my name has always come up when the transfer market was discussed," he told Tuttosport.
The Italian has enjoyed much success at boyhood club JuventusThe Italian has enjoyed much success at boyhood club Juventus
David Moyes has been keeping an eye on the midfielder as he looks to add to his squad for the new seasonDavid Moyes has been keeping an eye on the midfielder as he looks to add to his squad for the new season
The 27-year-old in action for the Italian national sideThe 27-year-old in action for the Italian national side
“I would not be the first player to leave his boyhood club”
Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio
"Obviously, I will not deny that I feel flattered when I see my name being linked with other clubs, including some of the most important and biggest in the world.
"This is proof that I'm doing a good job and that others value what I do. It makes me proud that are teams that rate me.
"However, I have not talked to anyone and there are no concrete offers.
"I spoke with Juventus and they told me I'm still wanted. My desire is to stay here and win more trophies.
The new Manchester United manager has been frustrated in the summer transfer windowThe new Manchester United manager has been frustrated in the summer transfer window
"Then again, you never know what will happen in football. I would not be the first player to leave his boyhood club."
Marchisio made 39 appearances scoring eight times in all competitions as he helped Juventus win the Serie A title and reach the quarter-finals of the Champions League before succumbing to eventual winners Bayern Munich.

No comments:

Post a Comment