Thursday 13 June 2013

MICHAEL LAUDRUP VOWS TO STAY AT SWANSEA DESPITE AGENT FALL-OUT


ABOVE: Michael Laudrup guided Swansea to Capital One Cup glory this season
“
Bayram is my agent and that's not going to change
”
Michael Laudrup
13th June 2013

By Jack Wilson

MICHAEL LAUDRUP insists he will not walk away from Swansea despite the club severing ties with his agent.

Chairman Huw Jenkins and Laudrup's representative Bayram Tutumlu have been embroiled in disagreements and the Swans will now no longer deal with him.
It was feared that the Dane would leave the Liberty Stadium because of it - but he's reiterated his desire to stay at Swansea.
"I have repeated it so many times in the last three months - my intention is to stay," Laudrup told the South Wales Evening Post.
"Bayram is my agent and that's not going to change.
"If the club do not want to work with him, or Bayram does not want to work with them, it's their problem not mine.
"The only thing I care about is to have the best players possible at Swansea who are within range of the economy of the club.
"It will not change my relationship with Bayram one centimetre.
"The only thing I am interested in is having the best players at Swansea within the budget that is possible.
"That's what I have been fighting for every day, last year when I arrived and this year as well. That will always be the most important thing for me wherever I end up in the future."
It's understood that the initial disagreement with Tutumlu was over the amount of money available for Laudrup to spend on new players.
But the club were also unhappy at the agent's desire to put forward his own list of proposed transfer targets.
Tutumlu attempted to become involved in the potential sale of defender Ashley Williams too, despite Swansea making it clear they had no intention of selling the Arsenal target.

No comments:

Post a Comment