Friday 12 July 2013

My Africanness Stands Me Out – Anu

фото
Although Anuoluwapo Ozigbu started displaying her talent at musical and dramatic performances right from when she was in  primary school, she ended up studying Economics at the University of Lagos. The fast-rising R&B singer has, however, found her way back to the stage.
The Atunda Entertainment artiste, who has shared the stage with stars such as American R&B singer,  Jay, King, Iyanya – this happened during Easter&More Easter Concert at Motherland Beckons at La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort – first had a taste of limelight when she won the Sisi Oge beauty pageant in Lagos. She has also found a voice that makes her music appealing to many who have listened to her. Now, she says there is no looking back until she gets to the top as an artiste..
Born in Florence, Italy to a mixed parentage (her father is from Imo State while the mother is from Lagos State), the singer who had  her foundation education at Saint Saviours Primary School Ikoyi and Queen’s College, Yaba, Lagos, says her experience in the industry so far has confirmed that it is not as rough as she used to think it was. According to her, the mentorship she had at Atunda reinforced this.
‘‘I was intrigued by the ways things were done at Atunda Entertainment, which were quite different from others. Because of this I decided to apply and be part of the group,’’ she says.
 Anu, as she is simply called, is also a beautiful dancer. She dances  with energy and bliss, traits that combine with her vocal power to win the audience to her side.
She enthuses, “I believe that one of my strongest points is my ability to perform different roles on the stage. I can sing to touch your emotions and I can also do dance hall music. Well,  I also cherish the way I take advantage of my Africanness.
''But I am still taking my time, honing my talent to be the best. I don’t want to appeal to the African market alone. I want to produce works that will be both entertaining to Nigerians and the world at large.''

No comments:

Post a Comment