Friday 31 May 2013

ARSENAL AND LIVERPOOL TARGET VICTOR VALDES WILL RUN DOWN BARCELONA CONTRACT


ABOVE: Victor Valdes will leave at the end of next season
“
I feel honoured that the club want me to continue - but my decision is final
”
Victor Valdes
31st May 2013

By Jack Wilson

ARSENAL and Liverpool have failed in their attempts to sign Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes.

The Spaniard, 31, is out of contract at the end of next season and had been linked with a move to the Premier League.

Valdes has made it clear that he does not want to stay at the Nou Camp and there were suggestions he would be sold this summer.

But instead of leaving immediately, he will run down his contract at the Catalan giants.

Valdes said: "I owe the fans an explanation as to why I will not renew my contract. Barcelona have given me everything and this has been home for 20 years.

"The pressure as a goalkeeper is huge, though. I am exhausted psychologically and I feel that my cycle at the club ends in 2014. This is not about money.

"I feel honoured that the club want me to continue - but my decision is final.

"I will continue to wear the Barca jersey with honour until the final day of my contract."

No comments:

Post a Comment