Friday 31 May 2013

LIVERPOOL VOW SUAREZ WILL STAY


ABOVE: Luis Suarez is Liverpool's prized asset
“
I have not spoken with Real Madrid, nor with Liverpool
”
Luis Suarez
31st May 2013

By Jack Wilson

LIVERPOOL have hit back at Luis Suarez's suggestion he could leave Anfield this summer, vowing the striker will stay at the club.

The 26-year-old star has been the subject of much speculation and Spanish media yesterday claimed he'd agreed a four-year deal with Real Madrid.

And today, at a press conference with the Uruguay national team, Suarez hinted he could be about to leave the club because he's fed up with the English media.

Bu Liverpool have rubbished the striker's comments, telling him he's going nowhere.

A club spokesperson said: "Luis Suarez is not for sale. Neither Luis or his representatives have communicated these feelings directly to Liverpool.

"The club remains supportive of Luis and expect him to honour his contract. The club will not be making any further comment at this stage."

Earlier, Suarez added to the doubt surrounding his Anfield future, which has come under scrutiny since he was handed a 10-match ban for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic.

He said: "It's a good moment for a change of environment because of all I've been through in England, where I haven't been judged as a player but based on other things.

"I had a hard time, very hard, in the things that have been said are lies. One has limits and the family also suffers.

"They [the press] treated me badly. It would be understandable if one day I go to my club [and the media are waiting for him] - but I cannot walk my baby, the paparazzi are always there.

"My family, my image - that's what matters to me most. The coach and some colleagues know that I have suffered.

"It's nothing against Liverpool. I feel very comfortable at the club but I have a daughter and I do not want to hear bad things about her father.

"In England they talk about many things and in some ways I feel uncomfortable.

"I do not know when I'm going and I do not know if I'm staying.

"If I stay it is because it is a great club but also in turn I know that it is difficult because of the harassment I get from the press."

Suarez also moved to rubbish suggestions from Spanish newspaper Marca that a deal has been signed with Madrid.

"I have not spoken with Real Madrid, nor with Liverpool," he said.

"My agent has not told me anything either and leaves me alone - but they [the media] are speculating."

No comments:

Post a Comment