Wednesday 12 June 2013

LIVERPOOL CLOSING IN ON CROATIA STAR IVAN RAKITIC


ABOVE: Ivan Rakitic has caught the attention of Liverpool
“
I'm really flattered that I'm being linked with such a big club like Liverpool
”
Ivan Rakitic
12th June 2013

By Jack Wilson

LIVERPOOL'S pursuit of £12m Croatia international Ivan Rakitic is gathering pace.

The Sevilla midfielder, 25, has admitted that he has "heard something is happening" with the Merseysiders.
And although a fee hasn't yet been agreed, Rakitic indicated he is keen on a possible switch to Liverpool.
"I'm really flattered that I'm being linked with such a big club like Liverpool," Rakitic told Croatian newspaper 24sata.
"I heard that something is happening but for now there is no concrete offer.
"My brother, who is taking care of my career, is doing all the business about my future.
"But I will repeat what I said before: I will only stay at Sevilla if they will strengthen the team.
"I made it quite clear about that and they know that they have to buy some good players."
But the Spanish club don't seem to be listening to Rakitic's calls.
Instead of buying top names they have been forced to sell them, with Jesus Navas exiting the club to join Manchester City.

No comments:

Post a Comment