Wednesday 12 June 2013

SUAREZ: I REALLY MUST GO


ABOVE: Luis Suarez is desperate to leave Anfield
“
But I cannot forget it, because I have suffered, my family have suffered. These things hurt them
”
Luis Suarez
12th June 2013

By Paul Brown

LUIS SUAREZ insisted last night he has made his mind up to quit Liverpool – and Real Madrid are ready to swoop with a cut-price £30m bid.

The Reds claimed Suarez was not for sale when he first dropped his bombshell about wanting to leave. But he has now signalled he will ignore their pleas for him to stay.
In his latest explosive interview on international duty with Uruguay, Suarez gave the clearest hint yet that he is prepared to turn his back on Anfield.
And Real believe that could force Liverpool to sell at a reduced price – with talks now understood to have begun between the Spanish club and his agent.
Suarez said: “Every player would like to play for a huge team and Real Madrid is a huge team. Every player wants to reach the top and Real are one of the top clubs.”
He even claimed the huge support he has received from Kop fans since his bans for racially abusing Patrice Evra and biting Branislav Ivanovic won’t be enough to change his mind. He said: “When I was a kid I dreamed of playing for Liverpool. I’d love to spend many more years at Liverpool.
“After the suspension the fans all supported me. That’s something I remember. It has made me think, ‘Luis, forget it all and stay’.
“But I cannot forget it, because I have suffered, my family have suffered. These things hurt them.”
The 26-year-old’s latest comments are a real slap in the face for Liverpool, who expected him to honour his contract.
Suarez said he still has no firm offer from Real, who are unwilling to meet his full £40m buy-out clause as they need a world record bid to buy Gareth Bale
Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone last night said he would be interested in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment